Monday 31 May 2010

The beginning of a new era

Now, as all my readers know (all three of them anyway), I love to tease you guys about my story, what's gonna happen in it, and all that. Well, for all those who hate me for that, good news! You only need to hate me for a few more hours. As, for the next three weeks only, I shall be writing and drawing every Monday to Friday, giving you 15 comic pages for everyone to drool over. Aren't I generous like that?




















So, due to the way I'm terrible at deadlines and all that (as anyone who knows me knows), I'm really forcing myself to do this. They're not gonna be coloured, but should well be inked. And now, for the important thing: the scheduling. Now, what's that I hear you say, you already told us the schedule. Or did I?

Week 1 (May 31st - June 6th)
Monday to Friday: Temporialis
Saturday-Sunday: Offline due to a Warhammer tournament

Week 2 (June 7th - June 13th)
Monday: Temporialis cover
Monday to Friday: Knighthood
Saturday: Knighthood cover
Saturday/Sunday: optional sketch dump

Week 3 (June 14th - June 20th)
Monday to Friday: Vampire's Reign
Saturday: Vampire's Reign cover
Sunday: optional sketch dump

Week 4 onwards (June 21st)
Tuesday: Temporialis
Thursday: Knighthood
Saturday: Vampire's Reign
Sunday: optional sketch dump

Around Week 6 (July 5th)
Thursdays become a double day, sharing it's place with Night Watch

Around Week 8 (July 12th)
Vampire's Reign comes to a temporary end, and is replaced with Lone Wolf Origins. This is a limited series, showcasing Odin's beginnings. When that arc is over, Vampire's Reign returns in full force!
This is also my birthday week, so hopefully that won't impact too much on my writing

Week 15 (August 30th)
My time at my current house comes to an end, I start needing to go back to university in September, and I'm not entirely sure what's going to happen. How I think it'll work though is that I try and write Temporialis, Knighthood and Night Watch during the week, and then chuck em all up on the weekend. Vampire's Reign will come to an end for this time quite likely, concluding in a spectacular Temporialis/Knighthood crossover, starting a new era and evolution for all my stories

Ta-daa. And actual, official from me, written in keypad and posted online (as opposed to stone, which is pretty hard to make legible), an actual hard schedule. Now, as an explanation for this schedule - the first three weeks are setup weeks, giving people a brief look at the characters involved, how their world works, all that kind of thing. Then it cuts to them being once a week as their stories truly happen, in who knows what ways? There will be twists and turns, laughing and crying, life and death, and all the bits in-between. But until then, I leave you with what I suppose will be my sign off from now on (everyone seems to have one of those):

"Try not to die."

3 comments:

  1. Well, long time no see sir!! Glad to have you back. I think it's cool you're doing a story/comic with your own illustration. Pretty swell idea.

    Can't wait to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, if you can stick with your schedule this should be one hell of an undertaking, Nagash! I'll def be looking forward to seeing what you're going to be posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm like Scott Kolins or Tony Daniel, except, er, I dunno, doing four different stories at once?

    Good to hear that people are excited for this, maybe one day I'll do this professionally (I hope) ;)

    ReplyDelete