Monday 31 May 2010

Temporialis - 1




















- Temporialis - part 1 - page 1 - Monday 31st May 2010 - 10:30 pm -

Viewable on DeviantArt as well [here]

Commentary

Right, so here we are. My comic, on the internet, at last! This, my friends, is Temporialis, a time travel comic. It's part Doctor Who, part Stargate SG-1, and part Skins. And this is chapter 1, page 1. Good lord, it's nice to have done this. If I continue to do things like this, well, we might get my schedule up to five times a week. Wouldn't that be lovely?

Well, due to a major cock-up on Adobes part, making Photoshop not the ideal thing for me to use for my comics, unless I start by drawing it straight on Photoshop. As you might have guessed, I thought this was very stupid, and so I gave up on the whole Photoshop thing for the comic. I'll give it some more tries in the next few days, but I have a feeling that it'll continue to be a useless bugger. So you'll have ta suffer these photo quality pictures. Sorry


Something I was tempted to try out, but decided against (because it looked stupid in my head) was to make the vortex effect the only thing coloured on the page, another reality seeping into this comics reality. Instead, I showed things touched by the vortex temporarily changing, morphing and warping before snapping back as the vortex pulls back in on itself.


Now, as the story itself will iterate, traveling in the vortex is a damn nightmarish experience - it'll rip flesh to shreds, it defies physical boundaries, it's mentally unnerving. Plus, who knows what else exists within it?

The expanding comic panel effect I used here was something that came to me when actually drawing it, *not* when doing the scripting process. In the script, it was just four equally sized panels with the 'camera' drawing back away from the T junction of the corridor.

2 comments:

  1. I've gotta say, I loved that distortion effect you put in the third panel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) would you have noticed it if I hadn't pointed it out? :P

    ReplyDelete