Saturday 8 May 2010

Have you felt the fear yet?

OK, so admittedly, this is ill timed due to Falisha's excellent Scarecrow week having ended for to make way for her Poison Ivy week (still great drawings, just not a fan of the character ;)), but hey, timing was never my strong point ;) So, here's a character from my story I just quickly did a few sketches of, as I've been stuck inside all day due to the weather :( - got jobs that need me going outside dammit!

Anywho, here he is, a twisted sick individual whose story shall not be divulged here, as it is a true mystery story that will be unveiled over time in the tale itself. Suffice to say, the first arc this character appears in is under the working title of "Knighthood: Formidilosus Gaea", with one of the chapters being known as that classic of titles, the entering of the villain, "Enter: Frightmare". But that's all I'll say of that for now. It's an early tale, and hopefully it'll have a truly creepy vibe while being a decent mystery story.

By now I'm sure you're all fed up of my rambling, and so I'll leave you with my drawing. Not a fan of the head though, gas masks and bent witch/scarecrow hats are hard...

7 comments:

  1. Looks awesome, I like how he looks like a mixture of Scarecrow and The Sandman, from DC, not Marvel. Nice work Nagash

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose he is. No mention of the the Sinestro Corps though?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for saying such kind words about my art Nagash. Total sweetheart. :)

    As for Frightmare, dude you did a fantastic job with this character. From his description to the sketch for him. Definitely a creepy individual. I would love to see a comic about him and the things he would do. His run in with Scarecrow and everything! lol. Nice work sir.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem, as, ya know, it's true ;)

    Oh, trust me, when I actually write him (this summer, honest), it won't be as you expect. He's not the typical fear causing villain, he is deep, he does have multiple levels, and he won't be overused as I already know the story he's going to have. You will be surprised, but hopefully it'll be a good surprise :D
    And who else in comics wields a pitchfork?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was thinking the same thing with the Golden Age Sandman, JT! Great pic Nagash(you can never have too many Scarecrow-esque pics IMO), but where are the needle-gloves! Sure the pitchfork is a great weapon of fear, but nothing says, "scary as hell!" better then needle gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait either way sir. :)

    lol I agree with X, needle gloves would be pretty awesome. -

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're on another picture (no really, they actually are. I didn't feel like drawing em cause I was lazy. Not sure whether I uploaded the other pic or not)...

    ReplyDelete