Wednesday 2 June 2010

Temporialis - 2




















- Temporialis - part 1 - page 2 - Wednesday 2nd June 2010 - 11:20 am -

Viewable on DeviantArt as well [here]

Commentary


Ok, so yeah, I've already slipped on my schedule. Suffice to say yesterday was very busy, traveling between separate places, back and forth. Anywho, today is better, I got my scheduling sorted out. Anyway, since I missed yesterdays, you do still get todays as well. That'll be up in the evening, with it's own commentary. Promise.

On the actual comic itself, well, this went through alot of revision. Originally 5 panels, and in a completely different layout to how it actually ended up being, this is something I'm learning when scripting and drawing a comic. It gives me a feel of both ends, and therefore I become a better writer - knowing where panels look better bigger or smaller, which ones make the better action shots - that kind of thing. Of course, it's still not perfect. Panel one is kndof redundant, what with it being highly similar to panel 4 of page 1. But hey, I'm still learning. And yes, I know I cocked up the fourth panel of this page. It was meant to be a zoom shot, and I just completely cocked it up, 'timesuit man' (names generally come to me during the post production process, which isn't a good habit when you think about it) and all. I'm sorry

When I wrote the script for this issue, I figured it would be in colour, and so the box-outs would be in different colours. Now, due to me now not colouring them, I needed a new representation. Obviously little pictures are the classic solution, but being at half a cm wide, they're a bit too big. It's a learning curve, and you'll see this comic evolve along with my ability to both write and draw it.

Now, I'm not sure how regular comic/web-comic artists do backgrounds, but I feel they're best left till last, as they aren't as important as the foreground stuff, where all the action takes place (obviously). But some artists on the web do cop out a little, which is a shame. I understand perspective can be hard, but it really does give you a feel of where you are, even if it's just small things. I'm terrible at them myself, but I feel the area I designed has enough 'action' in the background as it is. Plus I do leave huge areas of blank space, as I'm just not that good at the whole design an environment thing. People, yeah, sure thing. Places, well, erm... Not so hot on.

Oh, and I'm hating drawing that chair and bookcase. I wish I'd never put em in here... And I'm sure it's highly inaccurate of German design during the Third Reich, but, well, the sticklers who really love historical accuracy will just have to deal with it. As I'm more of a mythological accuracy (if such a thing exists) kind of person myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment