Tuesday 8 June 2010

A contest and two polls

Right, so two things are happening in this post. One relates to my story, and the others relates solely to my drawings. There is a contest to design a character for my story, a chance to decide what superhero you want to be drawn as, and the other is to decide on a character who I'll draw this week as well. Yep, I'm stealing from the wonderfully talented Falisha now. Shock horror! We're all a bunch of thieves here anyway, aren't we?

Part 1 - The 'contest'

In a superpowered world, everyone needs some form of protection. Some are villains, others are just cillivians. Regardless, if you need a job doing, and you need it done with style and so many consequences, you can totally hire, The. Seven. Deadly. Sins. All are deadly killers, if you are in need of such a task. They are bodyguards, mercenaries, former military and child soldiers. They'll accept any task, so long as you pay them.

Listed below are 5 of the 7 Sins. All are related to their Sin name in some way, albeit either inverse or completely in line. Come up with a character, and it may be put in. Just no silly characters - this is a serious group, for serious people, in a serious England, on a serious Earth...

Pride
Leonard Prisky
Muscular black male, gauntleted hands with half finger gloves, armoured vest and t-shirt, armoured boots, sword on back, guns on hips, knives in holsters around forearms
Leader of the group
Biological nanobots provide enhanced strength, resilience, stamina, senses and total recall

Greed
x
x
x

Lust
x
Busty white female, flowy but revealing costume
Wields a bow with poisoned arrows

Envy
x
x
x

Gluttony
The Mannequin
Thin figure white male, completely covering costume, clear data input helmet
Four additional arms with web shooting capabilities, mind control through his dolls with the targets DNA on

Wrath
X
Standard figure white female, sensible flight costume, slightly flowy but sealed trousers, armoured torso, mechanical legs and wings for flight, with additional tail, four breather tubes going to backpack
Slight combustion powers

Sloth
x
Standard figure black female, tight full costume with half finger and open palm gloves, green leather with darker green highlights
Power, memory and skill absorption through touch

Part 2 - The first poll

Simple enough - provide a picture of yourself, or a description if you'd prefer, and a superhero/villain you want to be. Then I'll draw it. Simples

Part 3 - The second (and final) poll

What character should I draw? They're listed on the right, shame I can't get the pictures on em :( Ah well, ya win some, you loose some...

9 comments:

  1. I'll take a crack at it...

    Envy
    x
    Appearance: Skinny white male, Black leather spandex costume with a Green Face mask, covering his entire face so you can only see his eyes.

    Powers: The ability to Read minds and manipulate thoughts, feelings and memories.

    Greed
    x
    Appearance: Overweight woman (any race), but when her powers are used she becomes a slender, busty beautiful woman.

    Powers: Sucks away one's essence when close enough, stealing their beauty, energy, and physical attributes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, there is already a mind controller and a essence thief character in the team, so, well, unfortunately for you, you get the big ol' FAIL award. Sorry mate...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw, so I tried to change them up a bit, ah well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, when it comes to things like teams, I'm not a fan of duplicate powers, unless they're essentials. Even then, they're pretty damn different. Also, I'm a fussy bugger :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh you thief!!!!! lol. S'all good. thanks for the plug though.

    I'm not that great at creating superheroes just decent at sketching em, lol, but I like the deadly sins idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Technically though, it's not stealing if I don't take anything, so we're all good really ;)
    MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

    We totally need to do a team up. How do ya feel about doing some comic pages? I give you designs and scripts, you do your magic, and we have instant win?

    Oh, and sorry JT for sounding snappy yesterday...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you're fine, I retaliated by killing off Nagash Gardner :P Lol kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol, magic? Sir you are too kind. I wish I could channel in someones artistic ability lol. Then that would be awesome!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't kill me, I have both White and Black Lantern Rings (no, really, I actually do - I knew they'd come in handy at some point :D). MWAHAHAHAHAHA

    Well then, shall I give you something, say, a page, and go from there?

    ReplyDelete