Tuesday 8 June 2010

Temporialis - 4





















- Temporialis - part 1 - page 4 - Tuesday 8th June 2010 - 5:15 pm -


Viewable on DeviantArt as well [here]

Commentary

Well then, today is brought to you by the letter S. As is sorry for slipping up, being shit at keeping to a schedule, and just generally be rubbish at this whole comic thing... Not that anyone reads the comic anyway, and therefore nobody reads the apology, and therefore nobody cares. Wahehy! As you can tell, I'm in a bit of an apathetic/feeling crappy mood. Oh well, sometimes it happens. I'm sure it's just the fact I don't have a job, and will be sitting on my arse for many months... Quite possibly that.

Anywho, I digress. On to the important stuff, like the commentary. Yes, this one is a bit of a rush job, and I may or may not get the last part of the Temporialis intro out today as well (here's hoping). I jus don't know yet. And yep, this does delay Knighthood, but hey. That's generally how it goes around here. Of course, I'm quite tempted to just write Temporialis and Knighthood, and leave Vampire's Reign for the time being. I have a guest artist who is going to do a couple of pages for that one, so I'm tempted to alternate between those two, and Night Watch instead. Just see how it goes and all that. But this last week and a bit wasn't the best time to start doing the comic really - preparing and entering a Warhammer 40K tournament over the weekend, up in Nottingham, well, kinda hard to do a comic along with that...

On the comic itself, you may have noticed that I can't truly define Skeletron right now - I have the idea in my head, but the idea doesn't include shoulder width description, so I'm still experimenting with it atm. The third/fourth panel I'm really not happy with. I feel it's a good idea with a bad execution - it's meant to show Skeletron talking to Herbert, crossing sides, and as his face disappears behind Herbert when we look behind him, his face changes to what Herbert is seeing of him. This is because Skeletron wears a holographic device that makes him look human. I'll explain more about this in the actual comic, but suffice to say, as the dialogue implies, he hasn't been like this for too long. It's new, he's getting used to it, roadtesting his new body. Hopefully you got that in the comic itself...

I'm actually quite proud of the second panel depiction of Skeletron - I think it's a winner when it comes to his basic design and proportions. Of course the design itself is still pretty damn hard for me to illustrate, but I think I'm getting there. Hopefully the page meant sense, and my laziness didn't impact too much on the story. Let me know, I really need the feedback on everything here.

Thanks for reading everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment